Vegan Coconut Tapioca (Sago) Pudding
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup tapioca pearls or sago
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 grains of whole clove
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- salt & sugar to taste
- Add room temperature water to a pot
- Add sago, cloves, bay leaf and season with salt to taste
- Bring to a simmer on medium heat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, keep stirring as the mixture thickens.
- Add milk and nutmeg and sweeten to taste.
- Cook for another 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture has reached the desired consistency
- Serve warm topped with freshly grated nutmeg or spice of choice.
Click here for the instructional video.