Pork Osso Bucco
- 4-6 meaty slices of pork shank, cut 1.5 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup carrots diced
- 1/3 cup onions diced
- 1/3 cup celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large cooking pot. Add the shanks and brown on both sides.
- Remove the shanks from the pot. Reduce the heat to medium, and add the carrots, onions, celery and garlic.
- Cook and stir until the vegetables have softened, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add the wine, chicken stock, salt and black pepper. Add the shanks back to the stock and bring to a boil. With the lid back on the pot, place the pot into the oven and cook the shanks for one to two hours, or until fork-tender.
- Serve with Risotto or Rice
Chef’s tip: Serve over a warm bed of risotto or white rice to make this meal all the more exquisite!