Trini Fish Broth
- 1 fish (about 1 1/2 lbs. (cut into pieces)
- 4 cups fish stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 potatoes (cut in 8′s)
- 3 green cooking bananas (peeled and diced)
- 1 green onion (scallion) (chopped)
- 5 small okras (chopped)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 cloves of garlic diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 hot pepper (use 2 pimentos if you have, if not use your favourite hot pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Golden Ray butter
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green seasoning
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the fish into serving size pieces, wash and season using the green seasoning, salt and tomato. Set aside to marinate as you get other ingredients ready.
- Chop and dice all the vegetables, including the potato, carrot, onion, garlic, celery, okra, green banana and hot pepper.
- In a soup pot, add the oil and heat. Then start by adding the onion, then the garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables that we chopped and diced.
- Add the 4 cups of fish stock, the 2 cups of water and Worcestershire sauce into the pot with ALL the vegetables.
- Allow to come to a boil then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 15 minutes. After it’s been simmering for the 15 minutes we can now add the fish, the butter and cilantro.
- Let this all cook for another 10-15 minutes or so on a gentle heat. The last 7 minutes is when you can add the macaroni
- To serve, you can either squeeze the lime juice directly into the pot or you can slice it and allow your guests to squeeze it themselves in their soup bowl. Enjoy!