Loaded Hot Dog
- hot dog buns
- 1 pack spicy corn chips
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chili flakes or cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Blanche your shredded cabbage by pouring boiling water over it then immediately shock it in icy cold water.
- Strain then add mayo, vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper
- Crush the chips in the bag and set aside to use as a topping. I like the crunch and flavor of spicy corn chips on a hot dog.
Preparing the Sausages
- Use a paring knife to make diagonal cuts along the surface of the sausage for aesthetics.
- Add a bit of oil to a pan then begin to fry the sausages
- After one minute, add the onions and sauté for another minute or so.
- Once the onions begin to get tender, add the ketchup.
- Add the chili flakes or cayenne pepper for some heat.
- Soy sauce is the secret ingredient here as it gives the sausages a kind of BBQ finish.
- Continue to sauté until the onions are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Top the hot dogs with some of the crushed chips
- Mustard is the perfect condiment to balance the “BBQ” sauce flavor.
- The loaded hot dogs are done and it’s time to dig in.
Click the link to see more on this recipe