Black Beans & Rice Cookup
- 1 tin Cuisine Black Beans
- 2 cups Cuisine Parboiled Rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4 pimentos finely chopped
- 1 bundle chives chopped
- 4 shadon beni leaves finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp roucou (annatto extract)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Use the broad side of a knife to crush the coriander seeds
- Toast the spice until it goes fragrant
- Allow the spices to toast in the oil for 30 seconds before adding aromatics: onion, pimento, ginger, garlic, chives, bayleaf. Season with salt and black pepper then sauté for 3 minutes
- Sauté the aromatics until onions are translucent.
- Add roucou for color and flavor
- Add the Cuisine Black Beans to the party
- Rule of thumb: Equal parts water to equal parts rice.
- Cover then allow to cook on low heat until rice is tender.
- Add fresh shadon beni for some great herb flavor
- Fresh herbs always bring an added layer of flavor to rice dishes.
Click the link to see more on this recipe