Coffee Streusel Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp tonka bean
- 1 1/2 tsp Nescafe Gold coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
Coffee Streusel topping
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp Nescafe Gold coffee
Whipped cream topping
- 2 Tbsp Nescafe Gold
- warm water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2Tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Measure and sift flour into a large bowl
- Add in baking soda, baking powder and salt
- Add in brown sugar and spices
- Sprinkle on the Nescafe gold and Mix!
- Crack eggs into a separate bowl, one at a time.
- Add in milk and vanilla
- Add the milk eggs and vanilla to the bowl with the dry ingredients
- Add in the oil to the mixture
- Stir until combined into a smooth batter
- Do not over mix
- Set mixture aside and start on Streusel
- In a smaller bowl measure out flour
- Add in the spices and Nescafe Gold!
- Combine the dry ingredients
- Add in the melted butter and mix until the flour is moistened (it should resemble coarse damp sand)
- Use a scoop or a spoon to add some of the muffin batter to a greased and floured muffin tin.
- Sprinkle on a generous serving of the streusel
- Bake at 375 F for 18 mins
- For the whipped topping add 1 cup of whipping cream to a bowl
- Make an intense coffee mixture with some luke warm water and 2 tablespoons of Nescafe Gold
- Add as much of your Nescafe gold mixture to your whipping cream and 2 tablespoons of icing sugar to the cream.
- Whip until soft peaks and refrigerate until you are ready to top.
- Remove muffins from the oven when they are baked and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Allow the muffins to cool and remove them from the pan
- Top them with the whipped topping mixture
- The muffins can then be drizzled with melted chocolate or topped with cocoa nibs or chocolate chips for some extra sweetness!
Check out more on the recipe here