- 2 1/2 cups Cuisine All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups freshly grated coconut
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins / currants
- 1/2 -1 cup brown sugar (adjust to preferences)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk / water
- 1/4 cup cold butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp coconut or vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup Cuisine Raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup Cuisine Mixed Cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease pan or cookie sheets
- Sift flour and add in all dry ingredients – baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cinnamon, coconut, raisins. Make sure it is well combined.
- Add butter and cut in with hands or a fork and set aside. Using the cold butter will give it a crumbly texture.
- Mix essence and milk together then make a small well in your dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to it. Mix well (but not over mix) – the dough will be firm and tacky.
- Add raisins and mixed cherries to batter
- Using an ice cream scoop or 2 spoons, scoop out the mixture (about 2 inches in diameter or how big or small you’d like) unto the baking sheet and ensure they do not touch.
- Add a maraschino cherry on top (optional)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown
- At about 17 mins or so, take them out and glaze with a simple syrup of sugar and water (1:1 ratio of sugar dissolved in warm water) and put back in oven for about 2 or 3 mins.
- When they’re out, sprinkle with sugar as a final step (optional)