Green Fig Salad
- 2 hands of Green “Fig” bananas
- 1 medium red onion – finely chopped
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 pimentos
- 1 stalk of chive
- 5-6 heaping tbsp of mayo
- 2 tbsp of Swiss honey mustard
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- Salt to taste
- Score bananas, cut off the tips and add to a large pot of boiling water and cover. You can also peel the bananas prior to adding to the boiling water.
- In 15 minutes the skin would have turned brown and once you can easily poke with a fork, it’s done.
- Drain carefully and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- While the bananas are cooling, combine the mayo, honey mustard and dried aromatics & spices. Taste for salt at this point and adjust according to your taste.
- Once the bananas have cooled, cut into small pieces and add fresh ingredients. Sprinkle some salt and toss.
- Scrape sauce mixture into the bananas and fold in being careful not to mash the bananas. Once it’s fully incorporated, taste for salt and add if necessary.
- Set aside for at least an hour before serving and enjoy. Goes great with BBQ chicken.