Massy Stores opens its newest location at Brentwood, Chaguanas
Massy Stores Supermarkets, the largest supermarket chain in Trinidad and Tobago, opened its 23rd location at Brentwood, Chaguanas on Monday, April 11, 2022.
The new supermarket location offers unmatched value to customers in central Trinidad including:
- A variety of quality meats, seafood and frozen items
- Quality fresh produce, both local and foreign and well as a variety of healthy, organic and vegetarian items
- A convenient pharmacy, bakery, and deli
- SurePay Bill Payment Services, Moneygram Money Transfer Services and two self-checkout stations for customers who prefer to cash their own items plus an on-site ATM
- Curbside service, available via the Massy Stores app
During the official opening ceremony, Senator the Honourable Paula Gopee Scoon disclosed that the Massy Group invested over TT$100 million in the newly established Massy Stores at Brentwood, which was a sizeable investment in the local economy. She added that “about 500 people were employed during the construction phase and close to 100 employees support the operation.” She also noted that the investment by Massy in the Central area is strategic, as the Chaguanas Borough has long established itself as an ideal location for business and living; with its rich diverse culture, opportunity for commercial activity and its central location.”
David Affonso, Executive Chairman, Integrated Retail Portfolio also gave some insights into Massy Stores’ regional growth and added that “during the past 2 years, in the midst of all the confusion, Massy Stores embarked on its most rapid expansion drive in its history opening 13 new stores across the Region in just 18 months. 3 of those opened (Shops of Arima, Freeport, and Diskomart in San Juan) were in Trinidad, 5 were in St. Lucia, 3 in Guyana and one each in Barbados and St. Vincent.”
Massy Stores Brentwood opens from 7 am – 8 pm, on Monday and Tuesday; 7 am – 9 pm from Wednesday to Saturday and 7 am – 6 pm on Sundays.