- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds veal sliced about 1/2-inch thick Available at Massy Stores!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 ½ cup tomato sauce
- In a shallow wide bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Place heavy plastic wrap or wax paper over veal and pound each piece with a mallet to about 1/4-inch thickness or less.
- Place flour on waxed paper. Dip veal into flour, then into beaten egg, then into bread crumbs, coating well on both sides.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Sauté veal slices for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until done and golden brown.
- Remove to a hot serving platter and keep warm. Pour off excess fat and stir tomato sauce into skillet. Bring to a boil, stirring to get browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Pour tomato sauce over veal Parmesan. Add extra Parmesan cheese on top to finish off.