Shrimp Marinara Pasta
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 whole garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 2 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 30), peeled and deveined
- Pasta sauce of your choice
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh Italian parsley
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add 4 garlic cloves and cook just until golden and sizzling.
- Add half the shrimp, placing them in one layer in the pan. (If you crowd the shrimp, they will steam instead of fry.) Sprinkle with salt.
- Cook, turning once, just until lightly golden and pink around the edges, about 4 minutes total.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a plate. Discard garlic cloves. Repeat with remaining oil, garlic and shrimp.
- When all the shrimp are cooked, pour the sauce into the empty skillet, and bring to a lively simmer, stirring to scrape the bottom of the pan. Taste for salt and add more if needed.
- Stir in the shrimp, basil and parsley, and cook just until the shrimp are heated through. Serve immediately over steaming pasta