Crispy Fish Fillet Platter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups Bread Crumbs (Panko Bread crumbs recommended)
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
- 4 (6 ounce) fish fillets
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 box of instant Mashed Potatoes
- 1 Can of whole kernel Corn
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the egg, mustard, and salt; set aside. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip fish fillets in the egg mixture. Dredge the fillets in the bread crumbs, making sure to completely coat the fish. For extra crispy, dip into egg and bread crumbs again.
- Fry fish fillets in oil for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, and 1 tablespoon of minced onion (reserve the rest for the sautéed corn). Stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving with fish.
- In a large bowl, prepare the instant mashed potatoes (follow instructions on box)
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add butter and remaining minced onions. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add can of Whole kernel corn to pan. Sautee corn 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate your meal: Crispy fish fillet alongside a healthy serving of Mashed potatoes and corn. Don’t forget your delicious tartar sauce to give your fish that extra kick�Enjoy!!