Coconut Curry Hummus
Cuisine Product featured: Cuisine Chick Peas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp Saffron/turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin/geera seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Fresh Parsley
Additional: Crackers for presentation.
- In a pan on medium heat toast the cumin and coriander seeds. Tip: (They are ready when you hear a popping sound.)
- In a mortar and pestle grind the both seeds until a powder has been formed. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Add chickpeas and all other ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- Taste and add additional seasonings if needed.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!