1 can Cuisine pineapple (chunk)
½ C Onion (Medium diced)
½ C Pineapple juice
1/3 C Cuisine Raisins
1 Bay leaf
1 Cinnamon stick
1 tsp Chili flakes
2 tbsp Cuisine Brown sugar
2 tsp Lime juice
1 tsp Ground cumin
2 tbsp Fresh Parsley leaves (finely chopped)
2 tbsp olive oil
Additional: Ham and turkey slices
Strain pineapple from syrup and roughly chop until fine. Save ½ C syrup.
In a sauce pan on medium heat pour oil and sauté onions and pineapple until caramelized.
Next add remaining ingredients except the parsley. Allow to simmer for 10 -12 minutes until the mixture reduces and has thickened.
Remove from heat and add parsley. Stir well.
Spoon chutney on top of the ham or turkey and enjoy
Cuisine Product featured: Cuisine Chick Peas
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 2 tsp Saffron/turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Cumin/geera seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Fresh Parsley
Additional: Crackers for presentation.
- In a pan on medium heat toast the cumin and coriander seeds. Tip: (They are ready when you hear a popping sound.)
- In a mortar and pestle grind the both seeds until a powder has been formed. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Add chickpeas and all other ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture becomes a smooth paste.
- Taste and add additional seasonings if needed.
- Serve with crackers and enjoy!